Social and Information Network Analysis
World Wide Web, blogging platforms, instant messaging and Facebook can be
characterized by the interplay between rich information content, the
millions of individuals and organizations who create and use it, and the
technology that supports it.
The course will cover recent research on
the structure and analysis of such large social and information networks
and on models and algorithms that abstract their basic properties.
Class will explore how to practically analyze large scale network data and how to
reason about it through models for network structure and evolution.
Topics include methods for link analysis and network community detection,
diffusion and information propagation on the web, virus
outbreak detection in networks, and connections with work in the social
sciences and economics.
- 11/20: Solutions to Homework 2 are out now. You can find them here.
- 11/5: Competition (optional) is out. You can get the data-set from here. updated: It is due on Nov 13 Midnight
- 11/5: Solutions to HW 1 here
- 10/21: Homework 2 is out !! Get it from here. Due on Nov 4 at midnight.
- 10/14: Register your project teams here !!
- 10/14: Project proposal due next Wednesday, 10/20 - Go here for some possible ideas and datasets.
- 9/29: DataSet for Problem Set 1 can be found here
9/29: Please note the changes to our schedule. The Reaction paper is now due on October 6. Use Facebook to seek prospective partners for the reaction paper work and possibly even for your final projects !
- 9/29: Homework 1 is out !! Get it from here. Due on Oct 14 at midnight.
- 9/15: The first class will be held on Monday 9/20, in Hewlett Teaching Center, room 201. See you there!
- 9/15: You can reach us via these modes
Office Hours: Wednesdays 9-10am, Gates 418
Mondays & Wednesdays 3:15PM - 4:30PM in Hewlett 201
Office Hours: Thursdays 2PM - 4PM Location:Gates B26B
Office Hours: Mondays 5PM - 6PM in Gates B26A & Wednesdays 5PM - 6PM in Gates B26B
Office Hours: Mondays 9AM - 11AM Location:Gates 360
Office Hours: Tuesdays 5PM - 7PM Location:Gates B26B
Ways to reach us: