|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
|* Set up a forwarding e-mail address for your account (you will be able to change this later)||* Set up a forwarding e-mail address for your account (you will be able to change this later).|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
==== Your CS account and Google Apps ====
* Once your account is activated you can apply for Google Apps:
* Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Ask them to enable Google Apps for your CS account.
* The CS team will send you a temporary password.
Google Apps password and your CSID password are not synchronized.
* Wait at least 15 minutes before testing any changes (alias, forwarding) you made at http://cs.stanford.edu/pedit.
* You can login to Google Apps at: https://www.google.com/a/cs.stanford.edu.
|* Activate Google Apps for your account: GoogleAppsHowto|
Get started @ Infolab
Welcome to Infolab! Here is a list that will help you get started in the Infolab group.
Getting your computer on-line
You have to register your computer for wired/wireless access: http://cs.stanford.edu/csdcf/register-host-network-access.
- If you cannot access the network, ask Marianne to fill out the form on your behalf. You will need to provide your wired and your wireless MAC address.
This is your main Stanford account, that gives you access to Stanford webservices, create it here: https://accounts.stanford.edu/.
Once you have your SUNetID, you will also get a @stanford.edu e-mail address.
Set up forwarding here: https://accounts.stanford.edu/.
You can access your @stanford.edu e-mail via web: https://webmail.stanford.edu.
Here is some useful information that will help you setup IMAP access to your account: https://itservices.stanford.edu/service/emailcalendar/email/imap.
You can find a computing guide with a lot of useful information here: http://cs.stanford.edu/computing-guide.
Apply for your account here: https://cs.stanford.edu/webdb/csid.
- Let your advisor / sponsor know about your account.
- Set up a forwarding e-mail address for your account (you will be able to change this later).
Manage your account here: https://cs.stanford.edu/pedit.
Activate Google Apps for your account: GoogleAppsHowto
GoogleAppsImap: How to set up your Google Apps with an IMAP client
- You need an Infolab account to access Infolab machines.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com and apply for an account.
- These are your primary working machines that hoes the data and do computation.
Find the list of servers here: http://infolab.stanford.edu/db_pages/Information_About_the_InfoLab_Systems.html
Contact e-mail for the system administration: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HP LaserJet 4300 Series, Gates 427:
- Linux: lpd://172.24.75.22/dbp2
- Mac OS X:
- protocol: LPD
- address: dbps2.stanford.edu
- queue: dbp2
print using: Generic PostScript Printer
Make sure you enable the duplex module in your driver. Use duplexing afterward to save supplies.
The printer is only available on the wired network.
- SSH to shark.stanford.edu.
Login with your InfoLab account.
University cluster of machines for common use