(Social and Information) Network Analysis
World Wide Web, blogging platforms, instant messaging and Facebook can be
characterized by the interplay between rich information content, the
millions of individuals and organizations who create and use it, and the
technology that supports it.
The course will cover recent research on
the structure and analysis of such large social and information networks
and on models and algorithms that abstract their basic properties.
Class will explore how to practically analyze large scale network data and how to
reason about it through models for network structure and evolution.
Topics include methods for link analysis and network community detection,
diffusion and information propagation on the web, virus
outbreak detection in networks, and connections with work in the social
sciences and economics.
- 11/01: Poster session will be on Thursday December 10 3-6pm in Gates atrium. More info.
- 11/13: The details about the competition are here. The data: GNP_small, GNP_large, RPL_small, RPL_large.
- 10/29: Lars Backstrom from Facebook will be our guest lecturer on November 5th.
- 10/20: Second Problem set is out. Here is the data:dictionary and A_Tale_of_Two_Cities.
- 10/05: Only for this week, Jure will hold his office hours on Wednesday 9-10am.
- 10/02: A google group called CS322_fall09 is created for the class. You can become a member to form homework/project groups.
- 10/01: First Problem set is out. Data for the problem set.
- 9/29: Slides from the lectures are posted. See the schedule.
- 9/29: Reading material is posted. See the schedule.
- 9/20: The current enrollement limit in Axess is set to 30. However, you can still register. The classroom is big enough. We will update the limit on Monday.
- 9/15: If you want to get a feel about the topics we will be talking about see this video
- 9/15: The first class will be held on Tuesday 9/22, in Landau Economics Building, room 140. See you there!
Office Hours: Tuesdays 9-10am, Gates 418
Tuesday, Thursday 3:15PM - 4:30PM in Econ140
Office Hours: Monday 1PM-3PM Terman 391
Office Hours: Wednesday 3PM-5PM Gates B24A
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org