Mining Massive Data Sets
The course will discuss data mining and machine learning algorithms for analyzing very large amounts of data. The emphasis will be on Map Reduce as a tool for creating parallel algorithms that can process very large amounts of data.
- 1/09: The first class will be held at 9.30am on Monday 1/9, in Gates B01. We look forward to seeing you there!
- 1/09: First Gradiance quiz has been posted. You have till 1/25 to solve it.
- 1/09: Homework 0 -- a tutorial on how to setup and use Hadoop has been posted. See handouts.
- 1/10: Hadoop tutorial and debugging session will be held from 2:15pm to 3:05pm Jan 11th in Huang 018.
- 1/11: First problem set posted. It will be due on January 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM. See handouts.
- 1/27: Second problem set posted. See handouts.
- 2/2: Gradiance Quizz #4 is online. It will be due on February 9 at 11:59pm.
- 2/9: Gradiance Quizz #5 is online. It is on Recommendation Systems, and it will be due on February 16 at 11:59pm.
- 2/22: Gradiance Quizz #7 is online. It is will be due on March 1 at 11:59pm.
- 3/3: CS246 Final Exam Logistics:
*** NON-SCPD students:
Final exam is on 3/19/2012 8:30 AM -- 11:30 AM.
Students with last names A-L meet in Gates B01, lastnames M-Z meet in Nvidia Aud.
Exam is open book, open laptop but *no* WiFi.
*** SCPD students:
You have to take the exam on 3/19 (but at any time during the day). Duration of the exam is 3h.
SCPD students have to take the exam remotely. Please do *not* come to Stanford.
SCPD will take care of sending and collecting the PDF of your example to/from the proctor. Send the email address of your proctor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you take the exam make sure your proctor sends (PDF/fax) back the exam to SCPD right away. Exams that come in late will not be considered/graded.
- 3/10: The last Gradiance Quizz is online. It is on Data Streams, and will be due on March 16 at 11:59pm.
Office Hours: Tuesdays 9-10am, Gates 418
Mondays & Wednesdays 9:30AM - 10:45AM in Gates B01
Watch video lectures on SCPD (any Stanford student can see them here)
Juthika Dabholkar (juthika)
Office Hours: Mondays 11-12:30pm, Gates B24B
Aditya Ramesh (aramesh1)
Office Hours: Tuesdays 4-5:30pm, Gates B24A
Keith Siilats (siilats)
Office Hours: Wednesdays 12:30-2:00pm, Gates B28
Lu Li (lululi)
Office Hours: Wednesday 4:30-6:00pm, Gates B26A
Pierre Kreitmann (pmk)
Office Hours: Thursdays 10-11:30am, Gates B24A
Cherian Mathew (cherianm)
Office Hours: Thursdays 6:30-8pm, Gates B26A
Bahman Bahmani (bahman)
Office Hours: Fridays 9:15-10:45am, Bytes Cafe
You can reach us at email@example.com
Use Piazza to post class related questions: http://piazza.com/class#winter2012/cs246
(Piazza requires @stanford.edu email address to register. If you do not have @stanford.edu address, send us email with your email address and we will add you to Piazza.)
Previous versions of the course
CS246: Winter 2011
CS345a: Winter 2010